Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 006

So, in an effort to make the most of my prison term, I've decided I'm going to try learning the tin whistle again. I get really frustrated when I can't do things automatically (I know, I'm an impatient child), so I've had these tin whistles for...years. Just sitting in my pen cup. I always wish I had more interesting skills, so why not try to learn? We'll see how long it lasts. If only I had that...what was the word? Oh yeah. Discipline. I'd say that I'd track my progress here but I don't really know how to quantify learning a musical instrument. I can play Mary Had a Little Lamb just fine. I can't read music, and honestly, I don't really care to. I wonder if it's direly required for the tin whistle.

I'm going to San Francisco this coming weekend for my birthday, which is on Friday. I am extremely excited because it's a weekend pardon from prison, and at the same time...anxious. I invited a few friends to a pub for Friday night, and the rest of the weekend me and R are going to be sinfully indulgent together. I'll try to take pictures. That's what makes blogs interesting, or so I hear.

Because I'm a psycho that likes to make lists (and then usually do nothing with them), I'm going to make one of the projects I'd like to at least truly begin or make progress in over the next year.

  • Lose weight (honestly, does any female not have this on their to-do list? It's sick, in a way.)
  • Exercise more, eat less. (What was that quote...eat food. mostly plants. not too much. Something like that.)
  • Learn to play the tin whistle.
  • Knit more, and learn to crochet (hey, I might go do that once I'm done with this post...)
  • Really, really, really get the novel out of head and onto paper. Or a word document, as it were.
  • Sketch your little heart out and stop sucking at drawing.
  • Put together a sketchbook of the graphic novel. Write an outline for it.
  • Keep going with origami projects. They really aren't that dumb.
  • Get awesome grades in all classes. It's the best bet to get into any university. Don't listen to the douchebags that say what I do in community college doesn't matter.
I'm trying to think of things in the most positive light possible. At worst, I spend my year stuck here and get nothing accomplished and nothing happens and everything is the same as it always was. But at best, I could be in another country at a new university, or living in a beautiful apartment with my wonderful boyfriend. I could have a novel written and being shopped around. I could be selling art pieces. I could be making cute amigurumi toys and pretty scarves. I could be thinner.

So, all I gotta do is try, right? Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment