Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 007

I started watching Huge because I was curious about how they'd portray all the fat kids. It's definitely a teenager-y show but I will more than likely watch it through the end. Surprisingly, it has accurately shown a lot of the lows of being overweight and how it hurts like a bitch. The makers of the show have really gotten into it; what it's like to try to fit in, what it feels like to be turned away when you don't. What it's like to be young and feel yourself unable and unworthy of trying to find someone that makes you happy, and being unable to believe you could make anyone happy. It also shows the highs -- how amazing you feel after you've lost a few pounds, and even though you know you have such a long way to go, you feel vastly different when you stand in front of that mirror. Way better than The Secret Life of an American Teenager.

I'm also a fan of True Blood (I watch a lot of tv and read a lot of comics). I can't say I've been terribly happy with the current season. The Sam subplot is kind of boring, and it irks me that his biological mother reminds me so much of my own, and not only in looks. I'm wholly uninterested in Bill and Sookie (so far the whole...beings of light thing is really dumb), and Jason is only vaguely funny. I do love Hoyt and Jessica, who has grown on me. When she first came around, I didn't like her at all. Tara is starting to bother me with her constant huge-eyes-quivering-like-crazy-lips face. Just chill the fuck out already. I'm glad that psycho Franklin is gone, though. And I love me some Lafayette. He has been a favorite character of mine since the beginning of the show. Truly, I want a Lafayette in my life. I hope he can fix things with Jesus. Arlene's thread is mildly irritating. She's always been weird to me...she seems a lot older than I think her character is supposed to be. I really like Terry and I kind of hate her for lying to him about the whole Rene thing. Who, by the way, is really fucking creepy in the most recent episode (which I haven't finished watching). I am hoping to see much more of the king of Mississippi, but not so much of his trashy werewolf guard dogs (and their bitches). I adooooooooore Talbot. Oh lord, Talbot. I want one of him, too. And Eric, as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment