Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 010

Well, here it is. I'm 25.

I leave for San Francisco in three and a half hours. It's going to be a whirlwind of awesome but as soon as it starts up, I'll have to come back here. Pathetic that it's already getting me a little down.

I took sleeping pills to make sure I got a good eight or nine hours so that I'd be full of energy for the day ahead. Airports and hotels and food and then a late night at the bar. Instead, I woke up two hours after I fell asleep and have been restless since. After I'm finished here I'll probably try to nap a bit before getting in the shower.

I finished reading the three Gallagher novels by Nora Roberts. I have to admit, despite my firm stance on "I can read whatever the hell I want no matter how silly because I have read more classics and weighty novels than you," I still feel a little guilty about saying I read these. I'm pretty sure my grandma reads these, and Nora Roberts is like the god of bored middle aged women. Still, I really liked them. It's too bad that there aren't any more about the characters...which is a problem I often have. I get attached to characters and then when the series is over, poof, they're gone. I'll never hear about them again, despite me feeling they're off living their lives somewhere. They made me smile, which is what I think made me like them so much. It's incredibly hard for me to do that these days, and I need to lighten the fuck up. I was swept away by the grand gestures of romance and the pouring out of love and affection. The sentiment, the family warmth, it was all lovely. It even had a magical element to it that definitely appealed to my literary tastes. Fairy tales and folklore will never get old.

I've been trying to find a few non-fiction books that I've been wanting for a long time, but to no real avail. Once I get back from my trip I'll have to check around at some of the secondhand stores around here (even though it's a fucking nightmare where organization is concerned).

Ok, nap time.

Shit, I'm 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment